Sunday, February 10, 2008

taking it to the tax man

Not a particularly exciting tax return, like always, but a finished return! This is the first year that I've managed to file before April... and I think before April 14th. I've never gotten money back, and this year is no different. I'd forgotten to switch my status at PSBC from exempt to non-exempt last January, so I'd earned over $8000 without paying any taxes at all. Luckily, I caught it after I switched to FHCRC, and had them withhold a little more. Not quite enough it turns out, but since I owe less than $500, I'm not upset about it. That's what I get for making money now. I'm definitely not going to be saving money this month, but I'm not going to be pinching pennies, AND I'm not going to be freaking out come April. Check off #39!

The other day I fell off the flossing wagon though. I slept-walked through brushing my teeth and just wandered straight off to bed rather than flossing. It really does take 21 days to form a habit... The 9 days I had couldn't quite cut it. Then I just got lazy last night and blew it again. No more of that!

In other news, I'm signed up to get a CSA box from Full Circle Farm this week (#26 in progress!) and will get to have fun with parsnips, bok choy, and cremini mushrooms. Should be interesting at least...

2 comments:

nonfinis said...

I'm very proud of your accomplishments regarding your taxes. I have actually filled out mine ahead of time electronically... but have yet to file them. I got to the pretty-much-finished point and then... well I'm not sure, but they are just sitting in digital space, waiting for me to hit send. Watch me wait till April... again.

ari said...

Yah, well... I filed them and supposidly they are sent and "approved" but I have yet to have the charge made to my account. So it's good I did it now, so that I can fix it, but watch me wait til April to call them. :P