Friday, January 2, 2009

Again, and Again...

Why would I start again on a goal that is a set up for failure? However fast 12 months seems to pass these days, taking a photo a day, writing every day, doing art once a week... it seems like a long time, rife with opportunities to stop. I'll have to play catch up at some point, I'll have to stop and snap or scribble something in a rush, I'll probably fail.

But there's a chance I won't. And so 2009, here we go... With a list that is slightly behind (I managed to fiddle some things and cross off a good number that I'd forgotten I'd finished), it's closer to being on track than I expected. I even finally gave it up, 10 inches up, and did Locks of Love. I surprised myself and almost cried as she cut. I got almost none of the goals finished that I thought I would finish, but I'm doing okay. My first sock is coming along, and there's plenty of time to keep working.

This year I have it easy with only 365 photos. I might try to start off each month with a photo of myself (no promises here...), and here I am as of January 1, 2009. Let's see how I change, shall we?

1 comment:

nonfinis said...

DAMNIT. You know, it's funny, I thought about doing the Picture-a-Day project... on January 3rd. My tracking of days was completely off during the Christmas holiday, so by the time the thought occurred to me, I realized I was already missing a day (I think I got a picture on Jan 2.)

As a personal goal, I think I might go with Picture of the Month... allowing me to be a little more discerning, and save a little hard drive space at the same time. Good luck with your list, as always!