Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fashion Blogging from a Cramped Suitcase

Since I have to operate out of a suitcase, my clothing choices become very repetitive over the course of the year. My fall back packing plan is black pants, black skirt, two tops, and a cardigan or two. This week I not only packed too much stuff for the number of days I'm out, but I also went thrifting, which was bad for the cramped space I already have. I find it fun putting together different combinations of the same stuff every morning, and so I thought I would start attempting to blog about it.
Today's outfit:
  • high-waisted black skirt, Macy's
  • white ruffle-front blouse, Banana Republic/thrifted
  • oatmeal colored swing cardi, Ann Taylor/thrifted
  • black Report wedges, Nordies
  • shell earings, Hawaii souvenir
New clothes always call out to me and as such, here are a couple of my thrift store finds. I liked playing with the completely neutral palate today, and showed restraint in not belting my cardigan, even though the skirt itself is designed with a belt. However, I must note that it is incredibly difficult to take a fashion photo of oneself without a tripod, so please forgive the fact that I propped my camera at an awkward angle on the couch of the hotel lobby in Akron and then cropped the hell out of the photo. After 7 tries, I settled for what I got.

It should be fun to see what I come up with as the year wears on... (horrific pun not intended)

No comments: