Thursday, January 31, 2008

a month's worth

February dawns are right around the corner and as such, I have 2 weeks to work on my first short list. So, how am I doing?

To finish by Feb. 14th:
12. Brush teeth 2x a day for a month straight. (30/30) (1-30-08)
34. Set up automatic payments for insurance and car payments.
38. Sell snowboard and coat on Craigslist.
39. Do my taxes by Valentine's Day.
40. Get car details completely fixed up (4th headlight, check engine light, etc).
62. Learn to knit cables. (1-1-08)
82. Send thank-you notes for all gifts from Christmas and birthdays. (C07, B08, C08, B09, C09, B10)

The good news is, I've got two things completely crossed off for the month of January and many more in progress. I'm taking my car in tomorrow so I should be able to cross off #40 by the end of Saturday. Taxes shouldn't take long at all, as will sending in the other form for my insurance automatic payment... I just need to get around to them. I'd forgotten about selling my old snowboard stuff, so I'm glad that I've checked this! Perhaps I'll post the whole shebang on craigslist Saturday. This list is completely manageable to finish by Feb. 14th! Then I can start working on some of the more fun stuff... Car repairs are less than fun.

On the other hand, my "hopefully in progress" list looks a little worse:

To start working towards:
2. Become capable enough at yoga to comfortably complete a level II class.
3. Snowboard 10x in one season. (5/10)
17. Take a spa day once every 3 months (Hot House, Massage, Facial, Manicure/Pedicure, or Bubble Bath work!) (1/11)
24. Fill food journal with recipes.
56. Write a journal entry everyday for at least 3 months straight (Embodiment). (30/92)
60. Complete a Project 365 (or 366...). (30/366)
67. Back-up hard drive 1x a month for a year straight. (0/12)
68. Get desk fully organized and keep it neat for 3 months.
93. Join Netflicks and develop a 20-movie list. Watch them. (0/20)
94. Buy 10 CD's rather than downloading. (1/10)

I have taken steps on the road to finishing some things on this list, mostly the journaling, Project 366, and snowboarding (which, if the passes weren't closed and I didn't have to work I would be fulfilling another notch on today *sniffles*). Everything else is really falling by the wayside... which within a 3 year time frame doesn't matter too much. I need things to work on between Valentine's Day and Easter after all...

No comments: