Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Breaking from the Break

{Written in the Atlanta airport yesterday, and posted when I finally got internet access.}

As it turns out, flying cross-country is actually more relaxing than my breaks in town. It’s like being forced to read, sleep, and relax for 4-5 hours. Sure the airports are hell (Atlanta is pretty ridiculous today especially) but when you factor in the numbers of “events” I cram into a week, especially one involving Easter, it’s a bit much. I went over to Pullman to visit my sister with my mom for Mom’s weekend then had multiple lunch and dinner dates, a work meeting, and rock band sessions and even a couple of parties to fill the rest of the week… Sheesh. I drove almost 750 miles in my car over the course of the week I think... but crisscrossing the state and having friends both north and south of the city will do that.

I have to say, I like living restricted to what I have in my suitcase and carry-on bag, my room has so much superfluous crap in it everything just explodes out and all over when I’m home, since I try on about 4 outfits before leaving the house. It’s also nice to be fully allowed and encouraged to wear the same outfit every day on the job. I’ve tried packing a larger suitcase for multiple different reasons, but unless I have a 3+ week stint on the road one of these days, I don’t think it makes sense to pack that much, since 2 weeks in the same clothes doesn’t end up getting that stinky. This week is great, since my suitcase is set to get much lighter after this weekend when I deliver Maureen’s wedding gift. I’m planning a shopping trip post-weekend, the only question remaining is whether I’ll stock up on nutritious foodstuffs, or outfits from Target.

I almost missed flying over that week... quick, somebody snap me out of that! Ahh... Thanks Delta, delay my flight and make me remember why there's no place like home.

No comments: