Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Before the Boarding Door Closes

Thoughts before boarding in O'Hare:

  • Today was not the day to mess with me. I have a short fuse after being super exhausted (which no amount of sleeping 12 hours a day seems to fix), and having a lack of hot water in the morning and a heating system in my hotel banquet room on the fritz (for the second day, after they insisted it was working) definitely did not help. Don't ignore my 50th plea to fix the thermostat. Don't take 15 minutes to get to my request every time I ask while you insist you must lock me out of being able to touch the damn thing. Don't get defensive when I point out that a 30 second adjustment is all I'm asking for. Because you will pay for it with a verbal tounge-lashing resulting in me getting my way.
  • I don't throw the hissy very often, but turns out it works. Like gangbusters.
  • I still don't really get Chicago.
  • I still don't get how people SUCK at going through security. Really, you had 15 minutes in line and you're just NOW emptying your pockets? Put it in your laptop bag, your coat pocket, a pocket on your rolling bag. Take out your laptop and hold it so you can put it straight in the bin. Untie your shoes if you're not wearing slip ons already. Take off your coat. Pull out your liquid ziplock. If there's no line, take your time... but with a 15+ minute line, you owe it to everyone else to figure it the hell out.
  • Did I mention I'm grouchy today?
  • Grouch Grouch Grouch Grouch Grouch Grouch Grouch Grouch
  • Why won't people who clearly have been removed from my life stay removed? Not helping my grouchy day, buddy.
  • They should have left this place an orchard.
  • I'M COMING HOME FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS IN TWO DAYS OH THANK GOD FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly Anne said...

Haha. My favorite line is,

"They should have left this place an orchard."

Hahahahaha. Come home!

ari said...

OOOOOOO... They really should have left the damn place an orchard!!!!!

They "boarded" our plane and left us standing OUTSIDE in 20 degree weather while they set up our ramp to get us on the plane... It was at least 5 minutes, if not closer to ETERNITY CUZ IT WAS SO EFFING COLD.

:P

I wanna come home, but first two days in St. Louis, and doing the arch! You shouldn't be leaving for the exact two weeks that I will be home!! You stinker. :)

Unknown said...

C'mon home, kiddo. But wave to Little Flower Parish from the Arch, where your Grandma grew up, and where you got your middle name. (Come to think of it, you got yor first name there too, from GGpa.)