Sunday, January 6, 2008

progress reporting


Moleskines and Herkimer
Originally uploaded by arirose
It's 6 days in and I can hardly see results. My flickr Project 366 set is woefully lacking 360 photos still, my journal is only 10 pages in, and I'm going to have to put off selling my snowboard until after I loan it to a friend for our Whistler trip. But on the other hand, I'm getting myself out of bed to brush my teeth and I'm curling up with my moleskine and my pen to write out both the positive and negative effects of the days. My camera is constantly with me allowing me to take shots of things I normally would just pass by without a glance and I even went to a yoga class today. So why does this feel so much better than a New Year's Resolution? Probably the chance to mess something up and try again (I've given myself a lot of leeway on this... none of my goals require perfection on the first try).

I'm trying to keep up with my list in the sidebar, and putting even more effort into not allowing myself to go for too many goals at a time. The only two things I have completed is the knitting project, and sending out thank-you notes for Christmas gifts (which is only one part of that goal... it cannot be crossed off in its entirety until June '10!). Here's the list of what I've made steps towards:

3. Snowboard 10x in one season. (2/10) [Two more to add when I get back from Whistler, and maybe one before that!]
12. Brush teeth 2x a day for a month straight. (5/30)
34. Set up automatic payments for insurance and car payments. [Just have to mail in the second form, and get the companies to recognize them.]
56. Write a journal entry everyday for at least 3 months straight (Embodiment). (5/92)
57. Write a blog post a week for 3 months straight. (1/12)
60. Complete a Project 365 (or 366...). (5/366)


Epiphany Brunch
Originally uploaded by arirose
That's quite the list for the first week of the year. I'm surprised how easy the regular things like journaling, teeth-brushing, and Project 366 have been to accomplish. Soon enough, I'll add the yoga to this list since I felt really wonderful at class this morning. If I can get myself to go to more classes on a regular basis again, I'll be crossing that one off sooner than I thought! I should also soon be started on more of the car details since I have to do tabs next weekend. I'll probably go get everything else done-- whatever I choose to afford at least. Plus, I have to buy my roof rack for snowboarding because of the Whistler trip upcoming so there's no reason to not get the rest done. Luckily, one of my car purchases is solved already-- I went home for a Epiphany Lunch/ Brunch/ let's- just- enjoy- these- decorations- one- more- time- before- mom- takes- them- down Party. Grandma and Grandpa came over too, bearing "Epiphany presents." Mom, Dad and I had just been talking about how I needed a brush/scraper thing for my mountain-bound car when Grandma handed me just that! Thanks to Grandma I have one less thing to shop for on my way to crossing off another goal.

No comments: